SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susnnn

ex husband advice

Susnnn
21 years ago

My ex husband and I have been divorced for 10 years. He remarried shortly after we divorced and his new wife likes to pretend that he never had a life before her. So he minimized all contact with our kids. He moved out of state and over the past 10 years he has seen my oldest son once and never has seen my youngest. There are no Christmas presents, birthday gifts or phone calls. But his wife does send me a child support check once a month. When my oldest son graduated from high school a few years ago he did call and sent a check a month later. My youngest son just graduated and we haven't heard a thing. Then I received a child support check with their old return address but the post mark was from a different state. Since he owes child support until my son is out of college, I found his new address on the Internet and sent another graduation announcement to him. Still nothing.

I know that I can't make him contact his own son. We have no phone number to reach him., So I've done all I can. I guess I'm just venting here. But I am angry at how he treats his own kids. I am concerned about the child support however because the law in the state where we divorced states that while my son is in college he will either continue to pay child support or help pay for college. I'd like to know what he plans on doing so my son is not left high and dry in college. Any suggestions? I live in another state now and I do not want to go through the child support office in this state since it is very messed up. Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals