SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

hurt feelings

mom2emall
16 years ago

So many of you know from my other messages that I am a stepmom to 3 kids. Their biomom was out of the picture pretty much until recently, when her parents arranged for the kids to fly out and visit them. And their bm lives there as well. Anyways, the kids have been gone a few days. We talked to them the night they arrived there and all was well. It had been a few days so we called today to say hello. All 3 of my stepkids usually call me mom. The older 2 asked me one day if they could call me mom and I told them I would be honored. The youngest soon began calling me mom as well.

When we talked to the kids their first nite there they all referred to me as mom on the phone and told me they missed me and loved me. Today, the older two made sure to call me by my first name, very loudly. And they acted wierd on the phone.

I know that I am not their bm, but I have raised the kids for years, while their mom moved from state to state and barely even had time to pick up the phone. And it really hurt today when they all of a sudden began calling me by my first name again. Of course I did not act any different and did not even pause when they called me by my first name. But, why would they all of a sudden go back to using my first name?

Comments (5)