SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
willpower654

What is acceptable from BM?

willpower654
10 years ago

This is the second post I am entereing as we have various issues surrounding the step-family thing.

My fiance was with his ex for 7 yrs, has a 7 yr old daughter and has been seperated for 5 yrs from her.
I am feeling like she is in my life wayyy too much.
I have been noticing that she calls him quite often during times that the child is at school etc, they recently finished a court battle over money which he pays to her. When we first began I told him that if she needed to meet me I would go with her to coffee, and just chat etc to make her feel comfortable about who is spending time with her daughter. She declined this offer. She rebuttled with a suggestion that me, him, her and her bf should go.
I found that extremely awkward and I told him that it was not appropriate for the child as him and the child's mother have never been able to get along well after the breakup. I feel like she calls too much, and she is not calling about the well-being of the child because they NEVER discuss that. They are always arguing and fighting over who knows what. She is also with a new guy and has a newborn baby with him.

I am beginning to feel a bit jelous of this... I come from a divorced family and my parents had no animosity but only talked when I was being picked up or for emergencies. The BM is very immature, she does not like the fact that he has moved on. She even is on extremely friendly terms with his sister, and goes out with her and speaks to her all the time. This also makes me uncomfortable. Not sure what to do? I have mentioned it to him and we had a huge fight about it, because he doesnt ever tell me what is going on with her unless I see he calling and demand an answer... The answer is NEVER to do with the kid which makes me even more angry because I with these two would just get a long for her sake and stop being so immature.

I feel like he lets her control his life in a way, because he is scared she will jepordize the relationship he has with his daughter.

Am I asking too much? Should I just let anything to do with the child and the BM be between them?

Comments (4)