SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
537mckoy

Best brand of casements for a new build

537mckoy
16 years ago

We are building a Prairie style home in Atlanta, GA. We are using a combination of casement, awning and fixed windows...lots of windows. The house is brick so we have decided to go with wood interior and a metal clad exterior...low maintenance. I have priced out several different manufacturers comparing apples to apples (as best as I can). Here are the quotes we recieved:

Monarch : $28,019.21

Pella: $28,283.83

Jeldwyn(Norcoo): $31,356.00

Hurd: $32,958.22

Marvin: $39.289.10

Marvin and Hurd both have the extruded aluminum exterior. The others are rolled aluminum. Marvin has a Kynar paint finish that resists weathering. Marvin has a lot more bells and whistles.

Is it worth spending additional dollars for the extruded aluminum v's rolled aluminum and then is it worth spending more $ for the Kynar finish? Half of our home gets a lot of sun while the other half is in shade. The Marvin rep told us with our dark (bronze or red) clad color choices the other brands will weather differently and fade. Is this true? Our window budget was originally $30k. Should we spend the money and go with Marvin? Or should we save the $ and go with Pella or Jeldwyn?

After reading through this forum I am also going to look at Loewen.

I would really appreciate any impute.

Comment (1)