SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

How much leather is too much?

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

We are redecorating our living room. We currently have the following pieces in leather. Sofa,love seat, oversized chair and ottoman. This furniture has served us well for almost twenty years. The leather is scratched from our cats launching themselves off the furniture. After twenty years and all the use and abuse the leather except for cat scratches and some soiling that I can't get out is in excellent condition. I am very tired of the style so it is time for new.

I love fabric upholstery but DH wants to do the sofa and two chairs in leather and a third chair in upholstery. I am tired of the mostly leather look but DH is probably harder on furniture than most kids. This furniture will be our last as I will be sixty next month. I want a good quality and am considering Hancock Moore (my preference), Ethan Allen, and Smith Brothers.

Would a leather sofa and two chairs in leather and a third chair and ottoman in fabric give me enough variety? I am also leaning towards a cocktail ottoman as well. My preference would be more fabric but every piece of upholstered furniture that I have owned shows wear quickly and durability has to be the main factor.

Please chime in and help me decide.

Comments (14)