SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Men & Wood...What's the deal? (Vent)

ttodd
15 years ago

Okay, okay - I know the answer so I guess this is more of a gripe this time around on my end.

DH refinishes furniture so I know that he loves wood as 'God intended it.' & I value the loveliness of a nice stained piece too.

Buuuutttttt.... last night while finishing final organizing & cleaning of our MBR (prepping for the last few pieces of my MS aqua bedding to arrive) I finally decided to paint our old bowfront bureau turqouise. No biggie since it was given to me already spray-painted & DH can 'see my vision' & is cool w/ it (ie: he doesn't have to strip it & re-stain it). Then while looking around I thought that since our bed is black & our lamps are black, maybe I should paint our tall dresser black too. Right?! Dh said he'd rather keep his eyes open at work for another one & he will paint that one black for me since he'd rather not paint this one.

Come on! I pulled it out of somebody's trash in our alley on trash day! Why can't I paint this one?! The last thing that I need is another bureau in my house as I already have about 6 that have been orphaned on street corners, at work or thrift shops!!!!!!

Grrrrrrr!

Comments (13)