SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommybear98_gw

Need serious advice re SD

mommybear98
15 years ago

Have been living with BF for almost 2yrs.My daughter (10) & his daughter (8) live with us full time. After Fri night I am ready to RUN! SD has ADHD & is on meds. We have had varying degrees of issues with her behavior. From hitting my daughter to temper tantrums (full blown), lying, destroying things, stealing, etc. We have talked about her needing counseling but as of yet he hasn't done anything. On fri night she was asked about something she did & the lying & screaming for hours started. She said she doesn't want to live, shouldn't have to follow our rules because there ours not hers, we shouldn't make her pick up after herself because she's only 8yrs & should pay her if she does.After she settled down she asked me how to kill someone. When she saw the look on my face she said "Not for real, just like in the movies".(Don't know where she is seeing these movies). I am hiding anything sharp in our house.

It would take too long to list the issues we have on a daily basis. She does get grounded for these things but it only helps for a few days. Her dad follows through half the time. It is very frustrating. He always has an excuse ready for her behavior. When I tell him something she's done he has to counter that with "Well... your daughter does x,y, & z...". After fri night I have told him that if he doesn't make an appt for her within the next few days I will move out. I can't live with the stress & fear of what she will do next.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!