SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juryiel

Window World Alternatives

Juryiel
12 years ago

Hey guys,

First of all I want to say that I've read some of the WW bad reviews and appreciate them.

However, I want to upgrade some really old windows on a really old house (like 100 years old house). These are old wood single pane etc etc windows.

The house itself is a small house and has 8 windows. I'm pretty sure that regardless of how bad the WW/Alside design might be and how terrible the installers might be, new windows will still be a huge upgrade. I'll only be here for a few more years and then either sell or rent the property. So from that perspective, a fairly cheap window (still a huge upgrade from what currently exists in terms of temperature control) is not too bad of a deal.

My question though is, are there other companies you guys recommend (St. Louis, MO) with comparable pricing but for a noticeably better product who might be worth checking out? Since the property itself is pretty cheap it's not worth putting in anything expensive, but if there are close price matches for something that performs significantly better I'd like to check it out. Thanks!

My second question is, is WW bad enough to where their windows would NOT be a fairly hefty upgrade over what is currently installed (wood, single pane)? I can't imagine that it wouldn't be worth the money to upgrade, but I figured I'd ask.

Comments (22)