SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgmarie

anything else I can try before I spend $ on replacing windows

dgmarie
14 years ago

It's been a battle with leaking Norco Casements. In a driving rain, water leaks around the sash and through the corners of the inside of the casement box (where the hardware goes) and into the walls and then onto the floors. I can open windows after a rain and see the wetness in the wood box and on the floor.

The last resort was replacing all the exterior brick sills with limestone and properly pitching the window sills (they were tipped up). We had a driving rain in December and I saw that about 95% of the windows held true, but a few still leaked a small amount. I have no idea if the others leaked a little but I couldn't tell (I can see evidence by the carpet pulled up under suspect windows). Obviously there is no water management system under the windows.

I have had it. I had a guy out this week to measure EVERYTHING for replacement. I have 40 openings. My husband is wondering if there is ANYTHING we haven't considered short of ripping them all out? I would love to just replace the sash with something that seals tighter (wishful thinking) but Norco doesn't even make this window anymore.

Comments (2)