SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Need Help w Kitchen Colors

Debbie Downer
14 years ago

Help!!!!! I have a small kitchen and am having the worst time with colors. Nothing looks right and Ive been struggling with this for literally YEARS now. It is time to finish this freakin kitchen. The Ikea Adel White cabinets are supposed to be off white/cream but with the addition of laminate countertops (Wilsonart bronze fusion which is sort of a dark blackish gray w/orangish amber) they have a decidedly green-gray cast to them. Quite frankly the countertops and the cabinets do NOT look good next to each other. I think the orangey tones in the countertops are whats bringing out the greenish yuckiness in the cabinets.

I've already re-done the countertops once already and I can't afford a third time and theres nothing I can do with the cabinets! Im hoping that I can find some type of mid-tone color for walls and painted floor that will pull it all together.

Was originally thinking of some sort of mango or coral or sunny orange-gold or even a red for the walls - would it overpower and get rid of the green or will this contrast with and bring out the greeniness even more?

OR.... do I want to embrace the green and go to a green and cream kitchen ... which I actually think I would like. Im thinking of a summery green or lime - not sage or gray green.

But what would that do for the oranginess of the countertops?

As you can tell I have some sensitivity and awareness of color and how they play off each other, but very little knowledged or confidence in how to use them effectively.

I will certainly get some sample colors before painting but still - hoping y'all can at least just point me in the right direction - thnx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (3)