SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgranara

Kitchen's almost done, but I need help!

dgranara
10 years ago

So, once again I'm posting here as opposed to the kitchen forum, as I "know" everyone here...

I wanted to try and wait until I could share "Finished!" pics of our kitchen, but alas, I need the help of the great and powerful G'Web. It's been a long three months, but we're just about done (just the small matter of a range, but that's a story for another day). I haven't had much trouble making decisions during this project. I know what I like and I'm typically good about not panicking over the possibility of making the "wrong" decision. Until now.

I CANNOT choose knobs and pulls. I'm FROZEN with indecision. I'll look at a few websites and just shut down. It's beginning to drive my husband crazy. I brought home some knobs and pulls in different styles and finishes and I got two things out of that: 1. I'm leaning away from matte black (I'd prefer a *very* antiqued brass, a lighter orb, or even nickel/stainless) and 2. I'm leaning toward long, thin handles (those bar-like pulls - do they have a specific name?) as opposed to cup pulls for the drawers and small, circular knobs on the cabinets.

I'm of the mind that it's okay to mix metals. Our appliances and faucets are all stainless, but our lighting fixtures are a mix of antiqued brass and zinc. All along, I thought a nice antiqued brass would look great on the pulls, but my husband's hesitation is making my second guess this choice. He's so averse to traditional brass, that he can't see the potential.

Anyway, here are some pics. Our cabinets are the white Adel model from IKEA, counters are a dark grey quartz and the island counter is butcher block. As I said, there's a definite mix of metals/finishes throughout the room. Help!

Comments (7)