SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

SS may be headed our way...

vistajpdf
16 years ago

Looks like the prodical son is planning a reunion. We haven't heard from him directly, but our mutual friend (our asst.) has.

She believes he's hiding out in Atlanta, can't let the bf's parents know he's around, but that the bf is definitely moving into the S. FL area, though not our exact city.

So, he's texting our asst. at all hours and again, she suggested he call his dad and me and make amends.

"What am I going to do or say?" ss said.

"Well, you need to start working, get a real job, show responsibility and you'll be fine." asst. said.

SS: "Oh, I guess you're right. I just hope my dad can get me a job somewhere. I'm sure one of his friends will hire me, don't you think?"

Asst: "I can't say, but I think it would look better if you just got out the classified ads and did something for yourself for a change..."

Friends, I'm getting nervous that the same old scenario will play out. I do NOT want this kid in my house til I know what he's like these days. It's been several years since he skipped out on all of us. Drugs? Stealing? Lies for sure.

I do NOT want DH asking for a friend to help him out w/ a job til we know if SS is really turning it around and will be a good employee. We hired a friend's DD and she fortunately decided to go back to school or we'd have lost the friendship at the rate she was going...

I want him to come home so badly, but I'm getting very nervous about being taken advantage of even more.

He wanted the asst. to send more $ and I begged her not to. She said that he cannot find a bus or train that will allow his dog on it. Is that true? I'm looking into this tomorrow if I have the time.

Also, since his car is sitting here til we aren't so badly upsidedown on it, I'm afraid he'll just take off in it as he still has a key. Does anyone know how difficult it is to change a car key - Lexus?

Any advice? I don't want DH to cave, but I really understand his position. I'd love to have a frank talk w/ DH, his X and myself about being a united front here. The X won't give their son a dime. It's DH I'm worried about. But, I think the ex needs to not put any more of her adult children onto us, though they're DH's kids, too. He's way softer than she is - sometimes I think she's smart to be so cold and refuse them everything, other times I think she's just self-centered. She never has offered to house any of them, so it's always been us as you well know. However, this isn't a kid - he's 26 and I can't ask her to take him in so he won't crash in on me w/ the three little ones. I wouldn't worry so much if our boys won't so young. She also has major issues w/ his being gay.

I hope DH meant what he told the therapist about not allowing him to stay here...

I know I have to wait and see what transpires, not sure I even have a real question, but if anyone has any insight or suggestions, I'm open to them...

Dana

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996