SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyherman

ETO Doors - Another Bummer!

andyherman
11 years ago

I ordered a door from ETO Doors on February 22, 2013. At the time I was told it would take 4-5 days for the door to ship out. After a week, I had not heard from ETO so I called. There seemed to be some confusion and eventually the guy I spoke with said that the door should be shipped out later that week.

I called again on March 7th and was told the door should have shipped out on that date (the 7th), but there wasn't enough room on the truck, so it would ship out the next day - Friday, March 8th. I asked when I should expect to receive this door in Oregon (shipped from LA) and was told that given it going out on Friday the 8th, I should expect to see the door on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week (March 19th or 20th).

When on the 20th it was obvious the door wasn't going to be delivered I tried logging onto the trucking company's (Best Overnite Trucking) web site to track the order:. I entered the tracking number provided by ETO Doors and received an error message that the number was invalid!

I then called Best Overnite later in the afternoon of the 20th and again when I asked about my order, there seemed to be some confusion - not a good sign. The woman I spoke with said she would check the order status,. After a little while she came back on line and said she would need to contact Best Overnite "up there" and again put me on hold. When she came back on line she said my door was in Medford, OR, which is about 145 miles from my home.

Now I was more than a little irritated as I had taken off work to be there on Wednesday for the delivery. I asked when I should expect to see the door and she said I should receive a call within 1-2 days when they would call to set up the delivery.

So now it's Friday and I have not heard a word from Best Overnite. I decided to call ETO doors, and they really had no clue what was going on. I spoke with a woman before noon and she said she would check on my order and give me a call back.

By 4:00 PM and after no call, I tried calling ETO again. I tried going to the "Status" Department and after a long wait on hold received a recording to "leave a message". After several more calls, I finally entered Savannah's extension (114) and she actually answered the phone.

She was nice enough. I told her what was going on and I couldn't believe it took over a week to ship this door from LA to Oregon and she agreed it was unusual. I told her about my earlier call to ETO and no response so she said she would call Best Overnite and give me call back regardless of what she found out. So about ten minutes later she called back and said that Best Overnite had "out-sourced" my shipment. The vendor they out-sourced it to only picks up two days a week - Tuesdays and Thursdays, so my order from LA is scheduled to arrive now(??????????) on Tuesday March 19th.

I told Savannah the woman I spoke with at Best Overnite never said anything about "out-sourcing" my shipment and Savannah said they probably wouldn't. The only reason they told her was because ETO doors was the party that contracted with them.

Savannah said ETO Doors had no control over their shipper out-sourcing a shipment, which I don't believe and even if so, they need to forewarn anyone who makes a purchase from them of the possibility.

I also ordered a new handle set for this door and had it shipped out express. It arrived on Wednesday, the 13th as expected. Had I know it was going to take forever to receive the freaking door I would have saved myself the additional $25.00 express delivery charge for the handle set.

I would have to rate this entire experience with ETO Doors a royal pain in the a** and definitely would never purchase anything from them in the future.

I might also add that the Invoice from ETO Doors below states that the door itself was actually completed and ready to ship out on March 1st with an anticipated ship date of March 4th.

I'm now inclined to refuse delivery and dispute the charge to my credit card.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH