SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wingal

Marvin Ultimate wood interior/aluminum clad exterior

wingal
10 years ago

I continue my quest for replacement windows for my home in the Denver, CO area (mile high altitude). I'm trying to narrow down the window options, but I continue to be confused.

I'm considering the Marvin Ultimate wood interior/aluminum clad exterior, because I can get the colors I want both inside and out. I also love the look of wood. My home has all natural wood trim inside.

We need 13 windows. Most will be double hung. We have one or two picture and may do one or two as casement (egress issues).

However, I keep hearing that wood windows require a lot of maintenance. I'm not clear on what that maintenance entail, so I'm turning to you folks.

If the exterior is aluminum clad and the interior has a natural wood finish, what do you have to maintain? How often?

Also, are Marvin Ultimate good windows? I want good quality, as we plan to stay in this house forever.

I see several glass options, so we'll select something that gives us decent U values. I can't seem to find anything on air infiltration. How are these window in that area?

In case it matters, I'm currently considering Sunrise (not Vanguard, but I gather those two are really the same), Ply Gem Premium Series, and Great Lakes EcoSmart, all with decent glass packages (not necessarily the top of the line, but a notch or so down).

I suspect I'll have more questions about those vinyl window options, but I'll stick with my Marvin wood window questions for now.

Thanks for any information you can offer!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES