SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyk_gw

Marvin aluminum clad windows work well

nancyk
14 years ago

Last year we replaced five picture windows with Marvin extruded aluminum exterior, wood interior windows. Our previous thermal windows had fogged and were a mess. At this same time we re-sided the house with HardiPlank concrete siding. The extruded aluminum matches exactly the shade of paint we were using and the windows blend in well. My husband stained and sealed the wood interior of the windows and says the quality is excellent. One large pane arrived with a few scratches, we complained, Marvin came out and replaced the window. No problem. And they were fast. We have 5 more windows to install, we should start in a few weeks.

We need to replace some plain exterior wooden entry doors, they are a mess. We are thinking of going fiberglass, or will go with Marvin if they have an aluminum outside/wood inside, which I am not sure they do.

The dealer in Knoxville, TN., gave us a great price on the windows, Marvin Planning Center, Sam Ledford was our contact. We still have not met him, we ordered by email(as we live 1 1/2 hrs. out of town) and picked up some of the windows and had the larger ones delivered.

I would definitely reommend Marvin, they have good follow-up on your questions.

Nancy

Comment

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio