SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiana_z

Which Marvin patio doors, fiberglass or Wood with aluminum clad outsid

kiki
7 years ago

Hi, I'm planning replacing my French Style patio door. It is such a frustration process because I'm not sure which brand/ material to go with. Finally we nailed it down to Marvin. We checked out Pella architect series and didn't like the design because the screen is on the inside. Anyway. This Marvin dealer has a pretty good reputation and I kind of decide to go with it. I have two choices and they are almost the same price:

1. Fiberglass door. The interior is engineered wood and can be stained as the same color as the rest of the house, and it has lifetime warranty.

2. The interior is solid pine(matches with the rest of the house) and exterior is extruded aluminum. Warranty is 10 years on parts.

I have done a lot of research and still can't quite decide, so I'm asking help from the kind people here! There are so many good things about Fiberglass, but call me old fashioned, I just can't quite seem to make myself like this inorganic material LOL. Plus it is even $200 more than the Wood interior/aluminum exterior.

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated! Many thanks!

TZ

Comments (9)