SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollyr02

Curtain room divider? Green living room?

mollyr02
15 years ago

This is a follow up to my previous post about yellow and tan walls in my kitchen/living area with a shared wall. So... I have a new idea. :-)

Below you can see a floor plan that is very similar to the house we are currently building. The wall to the left of the living/kitchen area will not have the fireplaces as shown. Also, the left side of the doorway to the hall lines up with the dividing wall between the two rooms. The flooring will change at this point too - vinyl in the kitchen, carpet in the LR.

I'm sticking with the yellow kitchen - I'm thinking about SW Optimistic Yellow, pictures, anyone? I'm now thinking about a nice green in the living area, not to dark, not to light. Suggestions? What would go well with my choice of yellow?

Also, I'm thinking about possibly hanging a curtain from the ceiling on both sides of the wall where one room stops and the other begins. I'm having trouble explaining it correctly, but I'm hoping someone has pictures of this? I think it would help define the room, and I could find a fabric that ties both rooms together. It would also allow me to get away with stopping one color and starting another on the same wall. Thoughts, suggestions, pictures? I want honest input, flame away!

Thanks so much! This board is so helpful!

Comments (3)