SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itza_gonzalez

HELP PLEASE too much green in dining room not working with living room

Itza Gonzalez
4 years ago

Had another thread but it got off track. I need help making the decor in the GREEN dining room and the decor in the adjacent CARAMEL living room more cohesive. I understand that the situation is not ideal, painting, by far the easiest solution, is not really an option right now. I KNOW what I want can be achieved with the right fabric, artwork, window treatments etc. Just have to find the right color scheme. This artwork has the green AND caramel in it, a little red and some blue, originally wanted this for my dining room but perhaps I can use it in my living room instead and work off that color scheme and feel? Please NOTE: the area rug in the living room photo is no longer there, just the wall to wall carpet is in there now. Apparently the furniture in the dining room is too dark "sucking in all the light" into the middle of the room, I believe that with the proper accessories on the table and with the right art, window treatments and accessories on the table, that can be downplayed. I am open to changing out window treatments, accessories, artwork, tables and lamps in the living room, as that is the last room downstairs that needs to be updated. Carpeting, sofa and chairs are staying for now, suggestions for area rug greatly appreciated.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company