SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flgirl5_gw

Wine Pairing

flgirl5
15 years ago

I am hoping that someone might be able to help. We are having a party for 100 people. Most are 20/30 somethings so I don't want terribly expensive wines yet several of my husbands bosses will be there so I don't want to have poor pairings nor it appear that we ran to Wal Mart to buy the wine. I am trying to keep the cost of the wine around $13 a bottle. We are hosting the function at a beautiful rustic inn on the water in the state of Washington (the temperature will probably be 40s-50s). The food served will be bbq pork sandwiches, bbq ribs, bbq chicken, buffalo burgers, salad, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw and corn. Since it is the inn's chef that is preparing the meal, I have no idea what style bbq will be used. i.e. NC or Memphis bbq, I do know it will be traditional bbq and not korean bbq, etc.

Would Rosemount's 2006 Shiraz, Mc Williams 2006 Shiraz or Jacob's Creek 2006 Shiraz work with this meal?

I am also looking for a Riesling or a Sauvignon Blanc in that $13 a bottle range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored