SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
songcatcher

mountain wedding-sorry kinda long

songcatcher
17 years ago

My step daughter is going to be getting married in TN next April, and I have been asked to help her with some ideas. One dilema that we have is how to word something on the invitations. There will be about 25 to 30 people going to TN for this wedding, many from ohio and then her Dad and I from Michigan. She wants to get married in a chapel and then get pictures on top of Mount Lookout, following that her ideas are as follows: everyone changes and goes to eat at a restuarant that would be similar in comparison to Cracker Barrel or Country Buffett, only difference being it is served family style, then later on in the evening everyone meet at whoever has the largest cabin for cake and drinks. The question is: dinner will cost about 15-20 dollars a head and she doesn't want to have to pay for all this. At this rate she might as well have a full-fledge reception for its going to run around 700 or more. Is there someway we can word this to people without them being offended that they would pay for their own meal?

This is such a mixed up deal I am not sure how to handle all this. Her Mom, well we have no clue what she is doing. Her Dad and I are paying for the wedding itself which is costing around 400 dollars for they have a package deal, and we just feel this really isn't necessary since we are all meeting for cake later. Plus you have to keep in mind traveling and lodging for each party.

Our daughter has lived with soon to be son in law for 2 years and have a daughter that will be 2 1/2 at time of wedding, we realize her desire to have a nice wedding and all but this is as expensive as if she would just get married at home in ohio and have a reception. Plus they are leaving the day after for Jamacia, so there is money there also.

i know this may sound messed up but any ideas and suggestions on this reception idea of hers would be helpful. She is having someone in ohio make the cake and they are transporting this down there along with flowers and everything else! Its just crazy!!

Any thought would help!!

Thank you so much--a crazed step mom of the bride

Comments (7)