SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lafevem

Defiant SD

lafevem
16 years ago

I'll make a long story short. Six weeks ago 17 year old SD said she was getting her nose pierced. My DH said no...employer concerns, infection, etc. Today, SD sent text message to hubby saying she was getting the nose piercing tomorrow and her BM said it is OK and will sign the release. BM could care less about my DH feelings, so talking it over with her is not an option. My DH told SD that she wouldn't wear it in his house, and she said she can't take it out for 8 weeks so she guessed she wouldn't see him for a couple of months. Divorce decree says we get them every weekend from Friday to Sunday, btw. Also, 17 year old SD said her sister (12 year old SD) won't be coming over if she isn't allowed to come over. I know my DH won't stick by his word with his daughter (he never does) and will not be able to deal with her not coming over. He'll mope and I'll give in and let her come even though I am totally opposed to it mostly because her dad said no and she did it anyway. I don't want our two bio kids getting the message that they can behave in this manner. Advice? My lastest idea is let her come over with the nose piercing, but make her wear a band aid over it while she is at our house.

Comments (22)