SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Color Frustrated...just venting

ttodd
14 years ago

I just hit a wall trying to pick a color for my LR. First I painted it a med. brown: BM Strathmore Manor. Very nice but when my curtains came (cream faux silk) it was just a bit too much contrast so I decided to try to lighten it up. I went to work mixing my office color (BM Jonesboro Cream - lighter on the same strip as Strathmore Manor) and the Strathmore Manor together. It was nice - still a hair too dark.

Then I tried P&L Meerschaum (a very RICH creamy color). It was a hair too yellow and I need a really creamy RICH TAUPish cream color that is light.

Next up I decided to try BM Porcelain Ivory. Love it in my hall so it should work great, right? Totally different light and it doesn't come close to looking the same as in the hall. Of course the hall also has a giant stained glass window (only light) which is primarily pink. I have 3 walls done already in the LR and I'm also not digging how it looks w/ my pine armoire. I swear it has a yellow cast to it in this rm. Or am I so prejudiced against the yellow in Meerschaum that I can't see beyond it. Or maybe I should just suck it up and finish and then judge.

Or maybe I could go to my basement and dig out that old can of MS SW Sandpiper that was also awesome in my hall. That should work! After all it's practically the same color as BM Revere Pewter which I LOVE, LOVE, Love in my kitchen and MBR w/ rich creamy trim. The bedroom is even on the same side of the house above the LR. This will be perfect! NO IT WON'T! It's reading as flatly grey. I'm frustrated and I want to give up now.

Thanks for listening - I think I know what I have to do. I will NOT go back to the paint store. I WILL make one of what I have work! Or maybe just 1 quick more trick on my lunch break to the P&L store that I just found. Afterall - they don't know me. Yet.

Color is so frustrating w/ all of it's little nuances and such.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living