Wedding Poem

LeAnn55

I need a poem from the mother of the bride to the mother of the groom.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
camlan

What kind of poem are you looking for?

A welcome to the family, we love your son and are hoping to make you members of the clan type poem?

Cough up more money for the reception type poem?

Stop adding guests to the guest list type poem?

Keep your fingers out of the reception arrangements type poem?

Save    
PhoneLady

Wow. That sounds like way too much pressure! My ex and I (who have an amiable relationship) were asked by our DIL to write and provide a toast during their wedding reception. We were asked to do so at the start of the two days of festivities prior to the ceremony. It stressed me out thinking about it. So don't be me and let THAT happen.

So.......Does it have to be an actual poem? Do you have to read it in front of everyone at the reception? Or is it going to be written down and handed out as part of a program or something like that?

I think I liked it better when all I was asked to do was write a check!

Save    
mary_c_gw

Why? A poem? What for?

Are the couple asking you to do this? Or is it your idea?

It's certainly not any sort of wedding tradition that I've heard of. If my son asked me to write a poem to his future MIL, I'd laugh at him, and refuse. I think his future MIL would find it both strange and puzzling, too.

Save    
nancylouise5me

I'm with mary c on this one. Why would you make either one of the mothers recite a poem to each other. Sounds weird to me. I'd pass. NancyLouise

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Tastemakers Talent Blooms in Brittany Watson Jepsen's Creations
By Houzz
Her oversize paper flowers kicked off a global wedding trend. We give you a peek at what else this imaginative maker in Denmark is up to
Full Story
Architecture Tell a Story With Design for a More Meaningful Home
Go beyond a home's bones to find the narrative at its heart, for a more rewarding experience
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: Share Your Personal Holiday Traditions
What winter rituals mean the most to you and yours? Post your stories and pictures
Full Story