SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grace3_gw

It happened again!

grace3
16 years ago

I had a bad experience with my daughter's wedding 4 years ago...we had no one to coordinate things on the day of the wedding, which meant that it fell on my shoulders, which meant that I didn't enjoy the wedding day *at all*. Consequently, I decided that I was going to offer my services to friends when they or their children get married. I've done this a few times, now, and I find that I really enjoy it, and get very positive -- and grateful -- feedback.

But, I would like some advice from some of the more experienced wedding planners/coordinators on this forum. At almost every wedding I've "done" or gone to, it seems to be a problem to get the guests to go in and sit down (i.e, go and be seated by the ushers). This is especially true of the relatives and close friends, who tend to arrive very early (1-2 hours ahead of time), and then stand around in the foyer and visit right up until the last minute. When other guests arrive, and they see so many people just standing, not being seated, *they* then tend to do the same thing. For instance yesterday, 15 minutes to starting time, we have 2-3 dozen people milling around -- with more arriving, of course -- and only a half-dozen or so sitting in the church (and those are ones that -- because I knew them well -- I asked them if they would go ahead and be seated in order to try to get others to follow suit). I tried walking up to the different "clusters" and saying something like, "If we could get you to go in and be seated, that would be great...we'll be starting soon." But, it still was another 5 minutes before anyone made a move toward the door.

Any suggestions for the future?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor