SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

The Slump Might be Over Soon w/Fantasy Fish

texaswild
15 years ago

When I decided to mosaic a plaque to go behind my new fountain, my DD jumped up and said "Do a fish". I highly objected cuz I couldn't imagine how to do fish. She insisted it HAD to be a fish. I gave in, hurriedly sketched some semblances of what I thought looked like fish. Didn't like working on it, 'twas a grouting nightmare, don't like it now, can't pick it up, gotta hire help to install it, and so THERE!!! Now that my work table is clear (this sucker has been sitting there for weeks w/my dreading to finish), I MIGHT be over the slump. There's a huge hole below/left of the start fish I gotta fill, then the final clean up, and sealing it to make the rocks/shells/grout shiny and she's done. At least one end of the table w/be clear until I can get Juan to come help install it. Oh, sorry to be wordy but the detail shows a teensy yellow shard of something I gleaned off the beach in Bucerias, along w/lots of other stuff on the bottom - there are lots of Bucerias pieces in this, as well as a few shells I picked off the beach in Kuwait. I was gleaning behind Janeybo, and was too tired by the end of our day to move further up the beach, so was sooooo proud to have found even a teensy bit of color after Eagle Eye Janey.

Fantasy Fish

Comments (23)

Sponsored