SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vova_gw

Windows Newbie...12-14 windows to purchase for our remodel

vova
12 years ago

Hi all - we're doing a fairly extensive remodel in what I would call a nice neighborhood of the Bay Area. I would love a "starter thread" that someone can point me to for a good overview and honest opinions of pluses and minuses (cost, aesthetics, prestige, etc) when deciding on vinyl vs. fiberglass vs. fiberglass & wood vs. wood & aluminum clad vs. etc...

Spent 4 hours in a door and windows shop on Saturday (instead of watching NFL playoffs...but i digress) and I'm still confused on which way I should go. The miser in me seems to lean toward vinyl (we were looking at Milgard Tuscany for example) but folks are talking up a higher end product such as Marvin Integrity or others. While I would like to keep costs down, I am also taking into account things like curb appeal and resale value - i'm happy to invest in better products if I would get value for them in resale vs. something that others wouldn't notice or think to ask about.

In the end i'm wondering if upspending on windows is worthwhile. Direction would be most appreciated.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company