SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threemonkeys79

Don't want to be bridesmaid...mother in law wedding

threemonkeys79
14 years ago

My mother in law is getting married. I am responsible for making the cake and my husband & 3 children are in the wedding. Then she decided she wanted me in the wedding as well. "It is a simple wedding. Spring colors, any dress style or color you want." Ok....sounds good. Now!!! Sunday night she calls and has changed her mind. She wants everyone to wear the same color & style dress that she found in a shop. She wanted the money for the dress the next day. Well I told her I did not have the money and she is waiting for me to get the money together so she can order the dress. I really don't even want to be a bridesmaid. I have so much other responsibility that day. It was one thing when it was "simple" but now I am going to end up having to pay an extra couple hundred bucks out for a dress that is ugly and I will never wear again. Oh, did I mention the wedding is about a month away. YES...one month, and she wants to order dresses and have them altered!! Is there anyway I can get out of this without causing hard feeling? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much.

Comments (23)