SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slflaherty

Poll: Which do you like better?

slflaherty
11 years ago

Okay, let me preface this by saying all of the door knobs on the main floor look like this:

Now, we've recently painted out kitchen cabinets. The cabinets had brass plates on them that we couldn't remove for painting without damaging the cabinets themselves. This was okay because we had originally planned on having crystal knobs on the brass plates to match the door knobs in the rest of the house. When we were painting, it was easier for us to paint right over the brass plates than it was to get into all of those pesky corners and we were simply going to remove the paint from the brass plates afterwards (it peels off pretty easily).

However, once we got the cabinet doors back up and were testing out some knobs, we kind of liked the crystal knob on the painted white plate. At this point we are undecided, so we are appealing to the experts. Which look to you like better? Our kitchen will eventually have white quartz countertops with very subtle gray veining in it.

The problem is, if we go for white, the paint on the brass plate will not be very durable and we will constantly be having to touch them up. I think I would like the brass plate look better if the brass looked a little more "aged" like it does in the photo of the door knob. Does anyone have any tricks to give brass that aged look?

Comments (18)