SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandstone_gw

A sad, sad day

sandstone
16 years ago

As many of you know we have had previous problems with our 19yr old SD. And we had let her move home to rehabilitate herself. She made it a little under a month before screwing up again. She had been working full time and seeing a counselor. Then this past weekend we were all going down to my Mom's cabin for memorial day. She stated she had to work and couldn't attend. So we gave her the house rules and took off. Came home Monday to find she had moved out, taking anything of value... (including my grandmother's jewelry) and left a pile of beer bottles in the middle of the kitchen. My 6yr old daughter and 11 year old SD found her note that said.. "I'm not happy here" and they were crying when I reached the door. To them all they see is their sister wasn't happy around them.. I tried to explain to them that it wasn't them but you know how kids are. Then today she has the nerve to call and tell me she has no money for groceries! I confronted her about stealing the jewelry and other items from the house.. and her response was.. "If you really considered me your child then why can't I have Grandma's jewelry!" (She never even knew my grandmother) and I told her that as of now we don't consider her our child... harsh I know.. but to me if she is willing to steal from us she doesn't consider us her family either. Regaurdless she did return the jewelry minus a couple of peices she said she had traded to a friend of hers for something.. She said she would try to get them back. I told her that we would always love her, and had only ever tried to do what is best for her. But also explained that she had become too time consuming and desructive and was constantly hurting the other children. So effective from here on out we will not be at her disposal. We are moving on as much as it tears my heart out, she can't be around us anymore.

Comments (3)