SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loslunasfarms

Capelas Fig and Sad Sad Funny Story

loslunasfarms
14 years ago

So, I have a Capelas fig tree that had a huge brown brown fig that was almost ready. Well, my son (6 years old) as part of his chores has to water the fig trees. Yep, all 100+ of them with a water wand.

Well, back to the story. My son has raided my fig trees but I dont worry, because, hey, he waters them. He has beat me to my figs a few times because he sees them every day. Normally I dont gripe, but I would like to sample some of my figs that have never given figs or are unique. Well, I didnt get to try my Violetta breba that was the size of a tennis ball because he ate it when I was at work. I even made a cradle for it because it was drooping to the ground.

Now, my Capelas fig was the size of a tennis ball, cracking, drooping, and would be ready within 2-3 days for picking. I wanted to take pics for my records and to share. I went this morning to check on it after jogging and it was missing. I thought maybe it feel down on the ground. Nope, it was not there. I saw where the fig used to be and noticed that the stem was still there, but it looked like it was torn off and soft. I asked my son if he ate it, he did, 3 days ago! So, I must now suffer in silence that he ate it first.

Sigh, I have created a mini fig muncher that is enjoying the fruits or shall I say figs of his labor!

Comments (5)