SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Signing Contract Today with G/C !!! : )

12 years ago

For those of you that remember, back in February our GC that we were working with for 6 months had underestimated his "guestimate" by about $75,000.

Thanks for encouraging us to get other estimates. We took the last 2-3 months to get three MORE estimates and they were all about $40,000 lower than the original guy. (BTW, he had apologized and really took all the blame for being so off. There were some reasons behind it but I won't post the huge thread again now..)

Anyway, he ended up coming down to where the others guys were AND included a bunch of things we wanted! We're so happy as he is quite reputable and I have to say although he screwed up the guestimate he has been a pleasure to work with since last August. DH and I feel he may be making less on this job than he normally does (he has a big overhead with high end customers- which we aren't) but he has shown that his reputation is important to him as well as the fact he knows he messed up and said the least he could do is take most of that on himself.

We're so excited to be working with someone we are confident in has proven himself to be someone you'd want to work with. We really thought he would "let us go" and were shocked he really wanted the job at such a lower cost. Of course, he has workers to keep busy, etc. He said he started the project with us and wants to see it through.

Anyway, we're scheduled to start in June (we hope) so we are thrilled : )

Thanks for listening and for your support. GardenWeb has made a huge difference in all the decisions we are making : )

Comments (12)