SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littleitaly_gw

Kitchen sink choices - any pipe location considerations?

littleitaly
12 years ago

Hi all,

I finally got through the stressful but exciting process of picking a beautiful granite for my kitchen countertop. Prior to templating/install though I have to have my sink ... leading to question/decision # 1,316,476 that for this project ...

Question: Can I get "any" sink that fits into my cabinet (I have a 36" base), or are there plumbing/pipe location considerations to take into account? I've searched long and hard to find the answer but so far have come up empty.

My heart is on either the Blancoperforma Silgranit Cascade or Diamond Super Single. Both have a single rear off-set drain towards the right - the Super is more to the right than the Cascade. The Cascade has a 10" depth, the Super has 9.5" depth.

The sink being removed is a double equal bowl with a 6" depth (I so can't wait to yank it out, lol). The pipe locations (drain and hot/cold water knobs) seem to be smack dab in back of where the new sink drain would sit, at least for the Cascade (although I haven't done all the math yet).

Is there a way to detemine if the sink/disposal will fit in this space? Has anyone had any problems with pipe locations, and if so, would you mind sharing your resolution?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

p.s. Of course I asked several people "before" my cabinets were installed if I needed to think about the sink I was going to get/change any plumbing. Noone seemed to think there'd be a problem, but now I'm not so sure they understand the dynamics with sinks like this (or hopefully it's just me thinking too hard again ;)

Comments (3)