SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

SW Antique White trim with Creamy ceilings?

juddgirl2
15 years ago

After driving myself crazy with my paint choices the last several weeks, I'm hoping someone can help me choose my trim color. I've been searching for a creamy, off-white to use on my ceilings, doors, and trim. After spending too long at the paint store trying to decide between SW Dover White and Creamy, I chose Creamy and DH painted the ceilings today.

The color is a nice, soft white, and perfect for the ceilings, but it appears brighter than it did on the card and I was envisioning more of an off-white for the doors and trim. Originally, I was going to use the same color for ceilings and trim, but now I'm considering going a bit darker for the trim and doors.

Would SW Antique White trim work with the Creamy ceilings? Since I'm using crown molding in some of the rooms, I'd like to be sure that the trim and ceiling colors complement each other, as well as the wall colors (which will most likely be SW Whole Wheat, Believable Buff, and Burlap).

Also, does Antique White seem too dark for trim? I've always been a Decorator White or Swiss Coffee trim person, so this is a big change for me! We're installing hardwood floors, stained with MW English Chestnut and the door hardware is Baldwin ORB, if that makes a difference in choosing a trim color.

Please help!

Comments (6)