SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kazmom_gw

What wall color tones down ugly tile? -pics

kazmom
14 years ago

I'd like to camouflage/tone down this 25-yr-old tile in our small master bath, if at all possible. It's on the floor and in the shower. I tried to pull out the blue-grey that's in the tile, but I'm afraid it might bring even more attention to the tile. Plus I think I missed the mark with these colors. What do you think? Should I stick with the browns? The tile actually has lots of colors in it (green, blue, gray, tan, brown), but it's just so busy!

Our budget's only allowing for a small makeover, so new tile is out of the question. We are, however, getting a new inexpensive vanity -- dark brown, sleek lines -- and new countertop with chrome fixtures. I'm going for a look that's soothing with a modern flair, hoping to throw in a little "retro" with the tile. Think I can pull it off? Would a darker or lighter wall color draw your eye away from the floor? Maybe just use super huge area rugs? :)

And would a white toilet and countertop look good with the tile or would it contrast too much? We now have a bone toilet, vanity, countertop and sink that all needs replacing.

Thanks for your opinions and help!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH