SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poppingrays

Dun,dun,dun... The graduation party dispute

poppingrays
14 years ago

O.K. I'm just trying to breathe... SD-18 decided she wants her graduation party one week after commencement, that's great! Not too unusual. Well... so I suggest that we rent a pavillion that is 10 minutes away from our house at a beautiful reservoir that has bathroom facilities, hiking trails, frisbee golf course, etc. The pavillion rental is $30 for the day. Pavillion has seating for 50 and we're looking at probably 25 to 30 guests for the party.

I mention this all to DH, thinking how nice it would be to not have the expense of renting a large tent, tables and chairs ($200+) and not have to worry about teenagers running in and out of our house to use the bathroom, dissapearing into bedrooms, walking through DH's recording studio where he has thousands of dollars worth of equipment (studio is in the back of the house, and downstairs bathroom is off the studio), no parking worries, such as people parking in our yard and making it a muddy mess if it happens to rain earlier, putting the dogs in a kennel for the day and stressing them out, my list just goes on and on of reasons why I thought the reservoir would be the perfect location.

So... DH actually sounds interested in my idea... then BAM! Here comes the dreaded words... DH wants to ASK his daughter if it's ok with her... SD says no, she wants it at the house... DH fully gives in to her.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! AM I BEING SO UNREASONABLE TO WANT TO WANT TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND A LOT OF HASSLE?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath