SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

Anyone tried a far infrared sauna in a small home?

Nancy in Mich
13 years ago

Santa broke out in guffaws when he read my email for a Sanijet jetted bathtub. I guess the 45 x 72 tub really would not fit well in a small home. I know I would have had to install it in a bedroom, not in the bathroom. My friend at work suggested I look into a Far-Infrared Sauna, instead. They come in pre-assembled panels that you just have to join together. Two people in an hour, they say. The far-infrared spectrum penetrates the flesh, warming the body without warming the air, so you have a sauna environment of 110 - 150 F, much cooler than the steambath type of sauna. But it makes you sweat just as well, which is supposed to be good for your skin, for detox, and for weight loss (They claim you are not just losing water weight, but burning 300 to 600 calories in a half-hour. I don't believe this claim.) You get the benefit of a sauna without the strain on the heart and blood pressure. I am interested in the muscle relaxation end of the therapy, warming and relaxing my tight fibromyalgia-stressed muscles.

Since the sauna cabinet is easy to install, un-install, and move, it is an ideal situation for us in our small homes. If we get tired of it, we are not committed in the same way I would have been with that jetted tub and the plumbing for water and drain, and the tiled bath enclosure in a bedroom! I can later move it to the basement, or sell it used.

Anyone tried one? What was it like and what brand was it?

Here is a link that might be useful: One I am considering

Comments (7)