SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianelu_gw

What era is this chair & does it go with my room style?

dianelu
10 years ago

I am currently in the process of furnishing the living room of our new house, mostly with thrift store purchases I come across (other than the artwork!) and items from my late mother's home. I found this interesting looking chair yesterday for $25 and really liked the looks of it, so brought it home with me. I think it's style is more mid-century and as such, will fit in fine with the Hollywood Regency look of that era I'm aiming for - but my husband isn't so sure - he seems to think it is just an old 1980s office chair! I would love your opinions/advice! The chair has no tags - only some writing of numbers and letters on the bottom in magic marker. Oh yes - and the head rest is removeable. Any ideas? Thanks!

This is the living area I have to work with. It is still definitely a work in progress. The coffee tables will soon be replaced with mom's vintage brass tray table with teak spider legs and I'm having my husband build a white lacquered room divider similar to the one pictured below to place behind the sofa:

The mirrored console in this photo will soon have my 4.5x5' painting of Dean Martin hanging on the wall above it:

I am waiting on framing these David Klein posters until after the room comes together better. (Please note that the "t.v. tray side tables are only temporary until I can figure out what kind of side tables would look best!):

Mirrored armoire I'm planning on adding asian type hardware & converting into a bar placed against wall behind the yellow chair....

Comments (4)