SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkshrew

How can I handle this without going crazy

jkshrew
15 years ago

I met my fiancee 4 1/2 years ago.. a little over a year and half since he left his ex-wife. Just to go ahead and throw some things that has happened out: I was 3 months pregnant and she tried getting her sister-in-law to fight me so I'd lose the baby, she has called CPS on us twice, the first was dropped the second one was dropped also and then the worker told the ex that they were not there to use as a revenge tool. She had 2 DVP reports against my fiancee, both dropped... the reason the second dvp report happened was because they had a disagreement and she tried taking their daughter back when it was his visitation weekend, he said no and she said, "Oh I'll get her back!" she then grabbed her cell right in front of us and called 911 and said said my fiancee pushed her and she was scared for their daughters life (she was grinning at us the whole time) she tells their 6 year old daughter that my fiancee is not her real dad... then she says he left her (the daughter) because he did not want her (the reason he left was because she did crazy things like lay behind his car and not let him leave when he wanted to visit his mom... there is too much to go on, just know that he did try to make it work).... She got pregnant one month after she found out I was... it's just crazy...

The daughter absolutely loves being over here at our house. She always cries when we have to take her back (not because we influence that, we tell her that her mommy will miss her) she begs us to let her live with us, my fiancee tried that but they won't give him full or even joint custody because we live 45 mins away from her school... even if we moved closer, the judge said no. The mother doesn't even keep her, she sends the little girl to the grandmothers all the time.

I have tried numerous times to get along with her.. I'd invite her in the house and chat with her. I invited her to the lake with me and the kids and she came. Everytime she thinks her and I are friends, she expects us to give her more money or she is a real jerk to my fiancee. I do understand that 6 years later she is still bitter over the divorce. She is remarried and been with the same guy for 5 years but that doesn't help.

What I need help with is this... I don't want to talk to her at all.. instead of talking to my fiancee, she wants to talk to me, but like I said earlier when her and I start being friends, she is a real jerk to my fiancee. When we go to the daughters sports, I don't want her to even speak to us. I am mentally and emotionally exhausted when problems arise that I just want to give in. She is taking him back to court to raise child support. It really aggravates me because her new husband makes double what my fiancee makes... she takes vacations more then 3x in the summer and we make one if we're lucky. They have a lot of money and my fiancee and I have 2 kids together and we struggle financially.. she is going to get it raised at least $250 more. Back to the problem, I am too much of a forgiving person.. I'm basically saying it's ok that you almost got me in a situation where I lost my daughter, it's ok that you called CPS on us twice and tried getting my fiancee thrown in jail twice. I just want a way out of dealing with her without leaving my fiancee standing there alone. However, I don't want my step-daughter to feel awkward everytime we exchange her. The ex goes completely psycho for 2 months but then tries really hard to be friends with us for a month but then goes right back psycho for no reason.. I just want a to-the-point way of saying we're through trying to be friends with you just don't say anything to us and we'll say nothing to you.. any advice

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor