SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Anyone have the Donna Hays Tea Story cake stand and dome cover?

texasgal47
10 years ago

Does anyone have the Donna Hays Tea Story Royal Doulton large cake stand with glass dome cover? Bed Bath & Beyond is one retailer that sells this item but has none on display. The cake stand is made of white bone china. I'm wondering if the dome cover is heavy or thin and whether it would keep baked goods fresh. My everyday dishes are Lenox white bone china so it would go nicely. The con is cost. This set is expensive. I'm also considering an inexpensive stainless steel stand with a high, sturdy acrylic cover from a restaurant supply store. It actually goes nicely with my stainless appliances and adds some sparkle. Any suggestions based on your real life experience using cake stands would be appreciated.

I edited to add that Ballard Design has a nice sized cake dome on sale (seen with their marble cake stands) that is less expensive than the one above. However, one reviewer complained that the glass was thin. If anyone happens to have this dome, I would be interested. I'm looking for a high, three layer cake dome, over 11" wide.

This post was edited by Texasgal47 on Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 5:23

Comments (6)