SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evillesbian

New to site...frustrated and need to talk!

evillesbian
18 years ago

Hi, I am 42 and have been in a lesbian relationship for 9 years. In 1996, my girlfriend got her two children, and they live with us. I had a house before she moved in, and her kids. They are a son and a daughter. The son is incarcerated for time number 3 at age 19, and the daughter is a manipulator and does no wrong. I get yelled at for correcting her behavior and demanding expected behavior from her. Both her son, when he was her age went to their mom and said that "I didn't like them." Just the other day, my girlfriend approached me and said that "Marla, the daughter thinks you don't like her." Well the truth is, I don't. Not because of her as a person, but because of the way she manipulates and treats her mom like a big pile of crap. In the past, the step daughter has "forgotten" conversations she and I have had, and with the mom around, she would start crying and denying things and make me look like I was picking on her all the time. Her mom gives in to her no matter how she is treated in return. I need to learn how to let go. It's eating me up and I am getting so angry until I don't like to be in the same room. I have never "born" any children, but I have taught school for 18 years, and know that as a parent, she needs to demand respect from her daughter. Yes, I think she feels guilty because she left them when they were young with their father and is trying to make up for it, but it's not helping. If Marla doesn't do something she's supposed to...heaven forbid if you say something. Then I get accused of riding her back. She was being paid to do chores, and wouldn't do it, and when I would mention not paying her, then my girlfriend would get angry and say "she forgot" right along with the daughter.

I've got to go..will write later.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals