SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flgargoyle

A small plan to review

flgargoyle
14 years ago

I've posted a number of plans over the last couple years, and thought I had finalized my plan, but times being what they are, I am exploring ever smaller and simpler layouts to cut costs. I need to build this house without a mortgage for our plans to work out. This plan is a 1-1/2 story, so there will be potential living space upstairs. I wanted to fit all of our requirements on one floor, however, since we are not getting any younger, and I have learned that one can become temporarily or permanently handicapped at any age. If we can afford to finish the upstairs, we might put the master suite up there, and use the main floor BR as a den. This house will also be on a full basement, so the potential is there to take this 880 sq ft house to over 2400 sq ft. Other pertinent information is that we have views in all directions, but the best one is out the back, off the kitchen and master BR. The property slopes, so the basement will be a walk-out, in the same direction as the view. Thus the back porch and deck will be about 10' off of the ground. I figure the small home experts here will be able to see what I'm not seeing in this design. There are a few things I'm not sure about, but I'll hold off until I get some feedback. Thanks!

Comments (24)