SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda89_gw

Start of bedroom makeover and a little ranting

Brenda89
11 years ago

Am I the only one that gets aggravated when trying to find inspiration for rooms online? Sometimes I feel like I am the only person not living in a million dollar home. I realize that I live in rural IL; some have told me I have Champaign taste on a beer budget, but I refuse to live like a pauper just because I do not make a hundred thousand dollars a year. My dad taught me how to use a screwdriver and a hammer and my husband uses the saws (I am a chicken probably would cut a finger off). I believe with a little paint and hard work anything can be transformed. Here is an example of what just a little paint and hard work will get you. I just wish I had been born with the ability to know what colors look good together.

My husband and I have been working on the bedroom. The first thing we started with was a nightstand and matching dressers. Well we got one dresser finished, stood it up and it wobbled so bad I would have never put clothes in it. So back to the store the dressers went. I stopped at the local used furniture store on the way home and got two dressers (a heck of a lot cheaper) and a gallon of paint.

Our next task was building beds. I refuse to pay the money the stores want for a bed. For around $200, my husband and I were able to build two full size beds.

Next summer I will paint the bedroom but for now, the color is just fine.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH