SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norcalgirl00

Kids are visiting!

norcalgirl78
16 years ago

As scheduled, BM and her DH brought my BFs DD9 and DD5 to our place last weekend! They had never come for a visit since we moved in together a few months back and so it was a day of big excitement (and cleaning, and cleaning...)

I am happy to report that all went well. It was a drive of several hours for them, so BF and I prepared food and drinks and welcomed them like friends. We sat in our new living room and chatted for nearly an hour, giving them time to rest and DDs time to explore the new place. I really enjoyed our conversation and BM told the girls as she was leaving with her DH (who she left my BF for) to use their best manners with Dad and (me)!

The first bedtime was a little rough (it's hard to sleep in a new place) and a little face did appear at our bed after one nightmare, but since then it has been games, activities, touristy stuff, shopping, quiet time with TV and books, cooking and fun. They have been very sweet to me and although I am a little drained from not being used to having little kids around, I feel more happy and more organized than usual. I really adore the way my BF is such a good father. He's very hands-on and is handling all the discipline, the cooking, the directives to them and the scheduling of their activities. Honestly I don't know if I would be able or willing to step up otherwise - but everything is so fair and I know that even BM recognizes my adoration for the kids and wanting to bond with them.

I should also point out that my work schedule and social calendar are as full as usual for the 9 days they'll be here, so they will have plenty of alone time with BF. And, his DD9 asked the first day if the place was her home too, and we both explained to her how happy we were/I was that they were there, and that they should feel at home. Of course, he discussed the rules with them (use coasters, be nice to your sister, only 30 min per day on the internet, listen, don't take things that aren't yours, etc.) and as he and BM make rules together they have few problems.

Stay tuned...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES