SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnygardenerme

telephone ?

sunnygardenerme
16 years ago

I need to know if I am out of line on this one. Please give helpful advise on what would be fair and appropriate.

Adult SS (22 yr old) has been on our cell phone bill for the last 6 years. He has abused the number of voice minutes and text messages several times in the last couple years. Causing our bills to be a way over our alloted minutes into the hundreds of dollars worth. DH has talked to him each time and even blocked his text messages after 3 bills and many times of warning him to stop texting so much. DH and I do not text message. Now he is going way over the voice minutes we have. He used over 3000 minutes last month. The month before over 2000 minutes and the month before that over 1500 minutes. We have 2100 for the three of us. DH and I use about 200 -300 minutes each. He knows the number of minutes we have.

Ok enough of that I think you all get the picture. I have deceided to get my own cell phone account because I am tired of SS's disrespectful and irresponsible behavior. I feel he should be grateful we pay for his cell phone and be careful not to abuse our generosity.

I told DH I was getting my own account and DH said he wants to be on that account with me. I said fine. I suggest that if we are going to continue paying for SS cell bill because he is still in college then he should tell SS that we will pay the basis rate for the cell bill but if he goes over the alloted minutesfor the plan he has then SS pays the overage. Also, suggested that the bill go directed to SS so he learns responsibility and learns how to control his calling. DH said no that is a hassle. I said no its not that we will just send him the amount we agree to pay for the cell phone bill each month and SS is responsible for the rest.

What do you think? Is this fair on our part? DH seems to think it will be to hard to do it that way or SS will misplace the bill and not pay it. I think it will help SS to grow up and handle his own cell phone account, give him his own credit, learn responsibility and quit abusing our generosity.

What are your thoughts on whats appropriate and advise?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths