SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

am i being silly

mom_of_4
13 years ago

So, today BM called Dh to ask about one of my ss getting baptized. She has been taking them to church recently when she has them and this is not the first time in recent weeks that this has come up. I have my own strong opinions on church and religion but I strongly believe that I was able to form my own beliefs so the kids should be able to form their own as well.

Dh basically told BM he didnt think ss was ready and he thought he should really know what he was doing and that he would talk to ss and to the elder at the church to get a better feel on the situation. Which I think it great!

My problem is that I only really heard this conversation second hand and when DH got off the phone he didnt discuss it with me at all. Now mind you I am the go to ... everything caretaker, transporter, homework helper, punishment enforcer. But, now with something that is really very important to a lot of people there is literally no discussion with me. I mean I would never dream of trying to enforce my own beliefs or make a big stink over it. And, I honestly believe that this is not a decision that I have a right to make for the kids... but as far as husbands and wives go... especially a wife who is the primary caretaker of the kids and is expected to make decisions on a daily basis (both simple and long term) for these kids... it really bugs me that he wouldnt even discuss it with me.

And well honestly, (in the back of my head) I can figure out which kid was being talked about by what was said and this is the same kid who just likes to volunteer for everything... doesnt matter what it is ... he likes to be involved. And just last week he was telling me that buddhism is a religion that he thinks that he can relate to and might even believe in. I think he is just trying to be "in" at church and has no real idea what he is getting into.

By the end of DH's convo with BM they were talking baptism pretty soon. I am not sure if I can go. I really dont support it (not that I was even asked my opinion) And, on top of not supporting it ... this is the same church that implied that my marriage to DH was never valid in the eyes of god and I really don't want to be there... but if worse comes to worse and this does happen I dont want ss to think I think bad of him or whatever...

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022