SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19692983

Come see my $16.00 gorgeous bugget!

User
15 years ago

I had to mail a couple things yesterday so I, as always, (only this time I tried to stay away from looking for furniture to repurpose or refinish) stopped into the two thrift stores in our small town. I planned on only getting books since I read one book after another I'd be broke buying them retail.

Anyway, I couldn't help myself, when I walked in seeing they had way more furniture than usual, to take a little peek. Everything else was marked, including a dresser with mirror that was similar in size and also had six drawers, at $40.00 or more. I almost didn't ask, but, again, I couldn't help myself. When she said $20.00 I was ready to say "SOLD!" when she added that it was 20% off. All I could do was to repeat "$16.00?" to her a few times before she convinced me that, yes, that was the price.

Not ten minutes earlier my dear wonderful hubby had called and I'd promised him NOT to buy any furniture unless I found something that was worth a thousand dollars and I got it for a dollar. After paying for it I walked around the store feeling like I'd lied to him. Did that stop me from having a couple guys place in the wonderfully huge trunk of my Merc? NO.

I was lucky enough to beat him home and was busy sucking the cat hair out of (vacuuming, really) the Gentlemen's Parlor rug, when I felt I was being stared at. I looked up to see his sweet sweet face frowning at me. I wanted to cry. He's so good to me! I did promise him I'd take the piece I was replacing the thrift store tomorrow (meaning today).

So I fixed dinner and we ate. Later when he'd fallen asleep in his chair I got it out of the trunk. It was so NOT easy. But I did it, leaving it in the garage to wait for help in the morning.

Today he looked at it closer, said it wasn't so bad and agreed to help me get it inside the other piece in my trunk when he got back from picking up something for the rider. I was so excited though I brought it in and polished it with Old English and set it in place and got the other piece vacuumed and polished and ready for him to help me load.

He was shocked at how much he liked it. Said I did good and that he "forgave me". He was really more frustrated with me than upset since our home is filled with "projects" of mine. I can't blame him really. He is such a dear about it. Kind of the way I am when he buys another bowling ball or golf clubs. 8P Not to meantion I've always talked him into buying the power tools he wanted even though I never got to use them until recently.

Anyway, enough of the novel. Sorry. Here's my wonderful french provincial buffet made from one of my favorite woods. Walnut. It looks practically brand new!

P.S. Our home is still unfinished, that is why there is no baseboard yet.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County