SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nasalzak

Come see our backsplash (and a question about table)

nasalzak
15 years ago

Thank you to the many on here that dealt with all of my questions, requests for mockups, etc. If you remember, I ordered the Costco copper. When that didn't work, I tried lots of other stuff. I finally settled on something neutral-ish while still fulfilling my dream of installing glass mosaics. The project came in waaaaayyy under budget, thanks to people on here who recommended Tile Outlet. I was originally looking at 25 a sq ft; I ended up paying 8. While I don't do absolute cartwheels over it, I do like it quite a bit and I'm so glad that we finally did it. The week before, we had some cool ceiling fans put in.

Now for my second question: After the backsplash pics, please continue to look. Originally, we had a cherry-ish colored loft table from World Market. We broke a chair a couple weeks back and the table was pretty scuffed and stained (this was our first wooden table). The final straw was when I spilled some of those new liquid fragrances on it (the kind that come with the dipping sticks). It turned white in places. We decided to get rid of our table and replace it with a smaller one. On Saturday, we got a small circular table. I don't know if I am not used to it yet or what, but I just feel it is out of place in our "Loft" like kitchen. It looks sort of country-ish. We are trying to go for conventional or even contemporary.

The bonus of the table is that, as you can see, its footprint is a lot smaller. The loft table took up almost the whole kitchen (welcome to urban condo-living). What are your opinions on the new table with red chairs. At the very end, I'll post the old table. I'm almost tempted to keep the old one, scratches and all. Please give me your honest opinion:

First the backsplash:

Before:

During:

After:

New table dilemma:

Old table (it matched our space better but was really bulky):

Comments (15)