SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

my 'dirty roses' :)

luthien
15 years ago

hi ladies,

here are some rose items i've painted (in respond to luvs request, thanks for the interest luvs :) ) i'm most comfortable painting roses like these. i call them my "dirty roses" :) i use a shader for these. all of them are one-stroke technique... except for the last one on the tissue box. that was my first attempt at REALLY painting a rose... if you know what i mean... that's why it's a little stark and too much contrast in the shading and highlight work! but i still like it... since i dedicated a week of my life just getting the roses right on this one! but "dirty roses" are still my fav... esp on crackle background :)tho i really wanna learn roses like the ones paintgirl paints... with an angle brush. i must start going through my books and mags again... see if there's a tutorial..

the first template are stuff i've already given away... again ikea mirrors :p... i should have taken close ups, but i didn't... never thought i'll be posting them over the net! (didn't even know how to use a computer then) the 2nd template are the 2 items i still have. the purple one is actually a recycle biscuit tin. on one side of that (not shown) is a message sent to me via sms ... from my then boyfriend, now husband... so it's rather dear to me... this tin and the message :)

hope you'll enjoy my "dirty roses"! have a creative weekend ladies :) and happy thanksgiving! (tho i dunno when that is because we don't celebrate thanksgiving here...but i guess it must be around the corner since all my blogging friends are preparing for it!)

Comments (8)