SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

vintage magnetic board

luthien
14 years ago

just want to share my latest work ... which i completed at 5 am last night :) you can see that when i'm into it... i dun sleep!

it's a vintage (looking) magnetic board. this is another artist palette, a smaller one measuring about 12"x 8". i glued a piece of metal sheet on it to make it magnetic, and proceeded to paint the base with olive acrylic (i did seal the metal first with a coat of sealer). the decoupaged vintage images come from a license free source and the music score is a reprint from a 19th century hymn and a bit of tchaikovsky... mix :) the roses on the left are handpainted (my 'dirty roses' :)) ). the piece is finally aged with brown acrylic and i added some gold as well... just really like the look of 'old and gold' :)) i also made 4 magnets out of mosaics to go with this.

i had some problems posting at the gallery the last time... so i'm posting back here :)

hope you enjoyed this :) it's actually a custom request from someone who saw my first ever vintage magnetic board from way back... she liked that one so she asked if i could make a similar one for her :) i'm sending it off tomorrow :) i really liked this one tho... maybe it's because i haven't done a lot of 'vintage' lately. think i'm gonna start again with my 'dirty roses' :))

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog ... if you want to read more :))

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County