SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evilstepmommy07

One of those 'Crazy BM' posts....

evilstepmommy07
11 years ago

DH and BM were fairly recently in counseling sessions together. Some very concerning things came out of these 2 sessions. BM made violent comments toward DH. She then just stopped showing up for the sessions. This is not the first time this type of thing has happened. She wants to go to therapy, the dr disagrees with her and then, she no longer likes them, they are stupid, it isn't helping, she stops going, etc.
At that time, DH and I had already scheduled a session of our own with the same therapist to help us find ways to manage our relationship with the children and communication with their mother. During our session, the therapist told us (without telling us, for legal reasons) that 'the person we were describing' sounded like she was bipolar and that it was probably a good idea to get supervised visitation put in place. That hasn't happened. I don't want to pressure DH to make such a decision but I feel like he isn't taking it as seriously as he should either. I worry about them every single time they go to her house now. Just to clarify, DH has full custody and always has. Their BM has visitation.
How do I approach this subject? Should I encourage him to make a move toward supervised visitation or should I wait on him to make the decision on his own?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert